On 25 May 2018 the EU brought in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/6791 to govern the processing by an individual, a company or an organisation of personal data relating to individuals in the European Union ('EU').
Organisations face strong penalties for non-compliance of this regulation - up to €20 million, or 4% of the worldwide annual revenue of the prior financial year.
- Gaelic Software can help, if your website:
- Gathers data on visitors.
- Has a contact form.
- Has a registration form.
- Has a newsletter sign-up form.
- Includes e-commerce functionality.
- Includes links to social media such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Provides a comments facilty on any articles you publish on the site.
- Gaelic Software can help, if one or more of your IT systems stores any data that can directly or indirectly identify a person.
- We can analyse, assess and remove personal data from databases such as MS SQL Server.